Monday, July 20, 2009

Hating Pregnancy

You know what... I really, really dislike, (being polite, not to say "hate")- being pregnant. You'll probably see this one a lot in the next few weeks... possibly more than once a day.

I don't enjoy the kicking and punching. I don't enjoy the enlarged belly. I certainly could do without being tired (I'm ALREADY tired, I have a 2 yr old, extremely active BOY!!!)... and don't get me started on the heartburn. But these are the little pains....


My first pregnancy:

I was pretty much nauseated from day one to the day I gave birth (literally: I was puking while in labour: fun times!)....

I had trouble walking (sciatica and... wait for it: symphysis pubis dysfunction: or said plainly: pain, lots of pain).

Then there was the heartburn (and yes, Noah was born with lots and lotsa blonde hair).... 23 haircuts in 26 months of life...(E.N : explanatory note: many say that when mothers have heartburn while pregnant, the baby is born with lots of hair).

I had bronchitis and was moving into my house end of January, (6.5 months preggers) which in turn, made bronchitis, become asthma... and that's when the cookie crumbled and I was stopped from work for 2 and a half months until I gave birth. No fun. Having close to three months off may sound like fun, but truth be told.... when you can't do anything... there's only so many soap operas and talk shows one can watch in a day . ;-)

My second and last pregnancy: I can't say it's as bad as the first, but nope... can't say I relish being pregnant either.

Nauseated? Yes, but not as much, a few episodes here and there, but much less as of the 5th month.

Sciatica pain... BRUTAL... . Pubis symphysis dysfunction? Still got it. Asthma, not so much. But.... my placenta is low, so I need to have control ultrasounds (yipee, I get to see my baby more)!

The worst parts of this pregnancy is pretty much the fact that I've been contracting since I'm at 19 weeks... and whoever said Braxton Hicks (fake contractions) weren't painful.... LIED! ... or was a man!. ;-)

All in all, I'm pretty fed up of waddling around, having difficulty walking, when I've got to run after a 27 month old rascal, who just doesn't care that his mother is "handicapped".

10 weeks left... Luckily, I know that "this too shall pass", as giving birth is the best remedy to of all these aches and pains". All symptoms pretty much disappeared after I gave birth to Noah. The plus side... this time I have the luxury of working from home, AMEN to that!

Love,
K

PS-hopefully giving birth won't trigger a "crise de foie" (Had a brutal one for the first time in my life the night after I gave birth)...but Demerol sure made me smile ...and sleep... :-)

Post a Comment

0 COMMENTS: