Thursday, November 19, 2009

I miss my toddler... or do I?,,,

Okay, I have this little list of ideas I want to blog about. At the time I made the list, Logan was in a major growth spurt, and so I was basically spending ALL my time nursing him. Meanwhile, Dan was taking care of Noah in the basement, outside, running errands, you name it.

I was tired.... no, exhausted, hormonal and emotional and I was just looking forward to spending some time with Noah. As luck would have it, Logan always had his daily fit (meaning, once a day, he was hungry and he had to eat NOW!).. right when it was Noah's bed time ritual: bath or shower, teeth, stories, music, songs). Dan and I usually take turns with the stories and songs, but lately, I've had to forfeit my turn to feed my little Logi.

Dan started working again this week. He doesn't have what you'd call a regular 9-5 schedule being a cop. His shift this week however, was Wednesday to Friday, day shift. We decided that I would keep Noah (gulp) instead of bringing him to day care (seeing that I don't yet drive ((I have my learner's only))... and that it costs about 30$ a day to and fro the daycare in a cab).... Although it was the first time I was spending an entire day alone with both boys, I was a little nervous, but mostly anxious to spend some time with my rascal.

So, three days later...It went well... mostly. Noah has been a sweetheart with his brother. I have to stop him from kissing and hugging him none-stop. But I had (almost) forgotten just what a little ball of enery he is. Those 3 days reminded me just how important it is for Dan and I to be strict with him ... because Oh My the attitude this kid can have.
He climbs, he jumps, he runs, he bumps into everything deliberately. He "hides" his toys where it is difficult for an adult, nevermind a toddler to get (ie: behind the television), he sings, and yells, he gets into absolutely anything and EVERYTHING! I was axiously waiting for '' naptime'' during those three days, but of course 2 out of those 3 days, he spent the entire time, NOT napping (at least he was in his room)...he is curious and demanding. ....
He's one of the LOVES of my life!... I had missed him, but my goodness, am I glad that my husband is home this week end... and, that he's going to daycare tomorrow!

Post a Comment

0 COMMENTS: